All snacks must be Kosher and either dairy or pareve (Pareve items are dairy free). Kosher Symbols are K, OU, Pareve, U, KD. (The marking “R” does not indicate that a product is Kosher).
- Cut up fresh fruit (e.g., bananas, strawberries, oranges, apples, pears)
- Dried fruit (e.g., raisins, apples, apricots)
- Packaged fruit cups
- Cut up vegetables and salad dressing dip (no celery or other choking vegetables)
- Packaged baby carrots and salad dressing dip
- Packaged cheese sticks/slices/cubes
- Yogurt in individual cups or tubes
- Drinkable yogurt
- Whole wheat bread, mini-bagels, or mini-pitas with butter or cream cheese
- Unsweetened or lightly sweetened cereal (e.g., Cheerios, Corn Chex, Kix)
- Graham Crackers (regular not honey)
- Animal Crackers
- Fish Crackers
- Plain or cheese popcorn
- Plain ice cream cones filled with fresh fruit, dried fruit, or cereal, etc.
- Homemade “trail mix” of dried fruit, cereal, etc. (Please send in packaging to check for children with allergies).
Dairy Lunch Suggestions
All lunches must be Kosher and either dairy or pareve (pareve items are dairy free).
- Sandwiches (cheese, jelly, cream cheese, peanut butter, tuna, egg salad)
- Cheese sticks
- Cheese pizza
- Macaroni and cheese or pasta
- Soy nuggets or any soy products
- Fruits and vegetables with dip
- No meat or shellfish please!
- No sugar added fruit juices including apple, cranberry, grape, peach, etc.
- Spring Water