Hello from the PTO!
Welcome new Kesher Israel parents and welcome back to our returning friends – we can’t wait to see you! Even though we are still enjoying our summer vacation with our families, we are also planning ahead for all the fun 2016-17 events for our KI children. We are so excited to kick off another great year and we know your children are going to make lasting, heartwarming memories.
The PTO is an organization designed to bring parents together to meet and socialize, to facilitate communication between parents and teachers, and to develop a network of volunteers to assist with activities and fundraisers throughout the school year. Kesher Israel is very fortunate to have a wonderful community of families and we look forward to getting to know our new families, too. If you are new to our school, please introduce yourself to us at one of our upcoming meet and greets.
You’ll see our events listed below. We have opportunities for everyone, whether you can join us for events during school hours, only in the evenings, or even if you prefer to help out at home. Siblings, Grandparents and Nannies are welcome – you can even bring siblings to most school events! We graciously ask for your help to volunteer to make each event a success. All our activities benefit from the enthusiasm and efforts of our parents, but most importantly, these events are only possible when we have the volunteers needed to make each event safe & successful. Kesher Israel becomes such a fun and supportive community when we know each other and get together more often.
We will have a PTO Welcome Table set up at the New Parent Orientation/Back-to-School Night, on September 1. Please stop by to say hello, to get more information, and to sign up. On Tuesday, September 13 and September 14, right after drop off, please join us in the social hall for a light breakfast, coffee, tea & most importantly to catch up with old friends and meet new ones! In addition, we will let you know what is going on throughout the year with updates in our PTO News section of the school’s weekly e-newsletter and direct email. We will also have a PTO Bulletin board outside the office updated throughout the year. We welcome any ideas and feedback you have, so feel free to email us or catch us in person.
We look forward to seeing you this Fall and we hope for your support to continue our tradition of excellence at Kesher Israel Preschool & Kindergarten.
Katie Rodgers, Amanda Noeldechen, and Bridget Capobianco
PTO Volunteer Opportunities
- Homeroom Parents (all year): Act as a liaison for the PTO, the teachers and other parents in the class about class activities and school events; coordinate teacher gifts and volunteers (2 parents per class)
- Apples and Honey (9/29-9/30): Coordinate buying and serving apples and honey (1-2 per class)
- Fall Festival (10/19-10/20): Help run carnival-style games and activities (2-3 per class)
- Picture Day (11/3, 11/4 & 11/7): Help teachers and the photographer (1-2 per day)
- Family BINGO Night (11/3): Coordinate and set-up a family night of food, fun and friendship (4-6 parents in the morning and 4-6 in the evening)
- Hanukkah Happening (12/22-12/23): Set up and run games (2-3 parents per class)
- Hamentashen Baking (3/1): Meet in the evening to help in the kitchen with baking the cookies and enjoy some wine, cheese and crackers with other Kesher parents (1 parent per class)
- Purim Carnival (3/2-3/3): Help with games and activities (2-3 parents per class)
- Preschool Shabbat Evening Service (3/24): Help set up the morning of the event (5-6 parents)
- Passover Seder (4/6-4/7): Help set up for the festive meal (1-2 parents per class)
- Teacher Appreciation (5/1-5/5): Help coordinate an appreciative gift or activity for our teachers (3-5 parents)
- Field Day (5/11-5/12): Help organize the children and run activities (3-4 per class)
- Commencement for the 4s, 5s and K (6/1): Help set up during the morning for the graduation ceremony (5-6 parents)
- Scholastic Books (September, January, April): Assemble book flyers from home throughout the year, and help distribute purchased books (3-5 parents)
- Box Tops for Education (November, April): Help the school earn free money, from the comfort of your home, by organizing collections, counting Box Tops and submitting entries (2-3 parents)
- Kidstuff (September): Distribute coupon books to cubbies and coordinate payment and returns (1-2 parents)
- Learning Express (Nov): Coordinate and distribute flyers (1-2 parents)
- Build a Stuffed Animal (Feb): Help with set up, check-in and assist children as needed
Important Miscellaneous Opportunities
- Library (flexible schedule):
- Librarian: To oversee and inventory new books for our children’s library
- Help maintain the KI Preschool & Kindergarten Library by filing returned books and assembling books for classroom distribution (4-6 parents)
- Vendor Sales (December): for parents or family friends with a craft or skill to offer (6-7 tables)
- Photographer (flexible schedule): Take photographs of the children and create a DVD (1-2 parents)
- Drawing or Graphic Design (flexible): create banners/announcements from home for school events (1-2 parents)
- Social Events (flexible): help plan parent-only events for Fall and Spring (1-2 parents)